Soho Pottery Limited
Type(s) of Ware
Under the name of Soho Pottery Ltd. from 1901 to 1944. However the pottery had a varied history which is hightlighted below.
According to Grace's Guide to British Industrial History, the company was established in 1843 by Henry Alcock. From 1883 to 1897 the company was known as Rathbone, Smith and Co. which operated from the Soho Pottery works in Tunstall. In 1897, ownership changed and the firm was renamed to Smith and Binnall. In 1901 the name was changed to Soho Pottery Ltd. The company moved in 1906 to Cobridge, Stoke-on-Trent and operated there until 1944. In 1944 ownership changed again and the firm became known as Simpsons Potters Ltd. Under that name it was in operation until 2004.