Pinder, Bourne & Hope
Type(s) of Ware
In 1851 Thomas Shadford Pinder, Joseph Harvey Bourne and John Hope joined in partnership. Pinder had previously operated from Swan Bank Works and Fountain Place Works.
The firm moved to the existing Niles Stree Works in 1850. In 1862 Mr. Hope left the company and that company name changed to Pinder, Bourne & Co. The "& Co." refered to John Harris and Ernest Johan Berg. Mr. Bourne left the firm sometime before 1877.
In 1877 Henry Doulton entered into an unhappy partnership with Mr. Pinder. Eventually Mr. Pinder retired but Mr. Doulton continued to run the company under the name of Pinder, Bourne & Co. until 1882 when the name was changed to Doulton & Co.