Wallace & Chetwynd
Type(s) of Ware
Founded by a Mr. Wallace and Joseph Chetwynd, the Wallace & Chetwynd Co. (1881-1901) operated in the former Harker "Wedgewood" pottery. The facility was renamed "Colonial." Mr. Chetwynd was a Staffordshire potter who had been employed as a manager and modeler in the Cockson & Chetwynd Pottery. The Colonial Pottery was noted for the excellence of their ironstone.