Type(s) of Ware
Anchor Pottery was first owned by Israel Lacey. Lacey owned the pottery from 1884 until his death in 1894. After Lacey's death, the pottery was taken over by James E. Norris, Cyril Norris and Frank Norris, who built the business until they owned 14 kilns and employeed 250 people. In the early 21st century some of the pottery buildings still existed on New York Avenue.
The leaves of the Tea Leaf motif used by this firm are very spikey.